Sunday, July 26, 2009

Confessions

In all fairness of disclosure to those of you are following along I feel there are some things I must confess and get out of the way. (Just in case my blog becomes bigger than Timothy Geithner's ears.)



So let's just get all the deep, dark secrets out of the way now. . .



1. I love my dogs more than some people like their children . . .

2. I used to work for the government, in all fairness it was the state of Texas but still . . .

3. The IRS and I have a love/hate relationship. I hate that I didn't put aside enough money to pay them on time and they love to charge me penalties and interest every month. (The hardest part about being a small business owner). It is most upsetting when I am pretty sure government officials don't pay loan shark rates every month. . .

4. I constantly find myself wondering if the dollar failed would Chanel handbags be valuable in a bartering environment? I can see it now . . . Limited Edition 2.55 bag (retail price more than a scooter but less than a Kia) for ammo . ..

5. I have one of those "Cadillac" Health Insurance Policies they keep referring to . . . and we offer it to all of our employees . . and we pay the Employee portion. . . of course did I mention that right now we have a limited employee count . .

6. I am training to run a half marathon . . it isn't because I love to run or that I am health nut . . it is precisely because I am not a health nut and I sit behind my desk all day . . . just in case extra poundage becomes outlawed or a criminal offense. . .

7. My first career goal was to be a lobbyist. . . though I am convinced that the small business owner is truly the largest special interest group there is and we should position ourselves as such . .

8. I am stockpiling FIJI water . . . that seems wrong, but bottled water storage is in every survival/doomsday scenario book out there . . but with the horrible economy it is now the same price as the bottled Detroit River Water, yes there is bottled water whose source is the Detroit River.

9. I am living with my mother right now. . . not as pathetic as it sounds .. well I guess it is, but since I have no life outside of work it works . . . the sacrifices we make to keep a family business running . .

10. American Express took my platinum power away. . . and not it wasn't because I didn't pay the bill. . . I am no longer their ideal card holder, though I am not sure who makes those decisions since I couldn't even get a straight answer out of them as to whether or not they were a bank (they are). So now it is my debit card and I against the world . . . Somehow I think we will make it just fine . .

11. I am tired of the RNC sending me "time sensitive" surveys to gather my opinion on "crucial issues" and then hitting me up for $500 at the end of the survey. . . I always wonder if I don't donate does my survey go in the trash?

12. I do not and will not apologize for what I have or don't have. My family (my mom, brother and I) have worked very hard for what we have and like all small business owners we are proud of what we have built and are free to join those rewards.

I think that about covers all my deep dark secrets, give or take a few indiscretions in college (thank god I was in college before facebook and myspace) and some crazy commitment issues, otherwise my life is a pretty open book . .

I am working on something that as a small business owner in the health care sector, not to mention as an American, has sent me over the edge ( I will post what I come up with) . . good thing I have that "Cadillac" policy with a mental health benefit . . .

-Nichole, in constant pursuit of life, liberty and happiness. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment